- 06-Mar-2012 to 09-Apr-2012 (PST)
- Member Service
- Portland, OR, USA
- $12-$14/hour (DOE)
- Full Time
The primary purpose of this position is to serve members via telephone by performing a variety of transactions and offering additional Credit Union products and services to benefit the members. This position will also travel to any of the four branches to perform Member Service Representative duties as necessary.
Major Duties & Responsibilities of Call Center Representative (Primary role):
· Assists members and potential members with their telephone requests; answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve; refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
· Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
· Maintains member account information on computer system.
· Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
· Assists other departments as needed.
· Performs other related duties are assigned.
Major Duties & Responsibilities of Member Service Representative (Secondary role)
· Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
· Welcomes members and provides information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
· Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
· Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
· Cross-sells Credit Union services
· Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Experience – One year of similar or related experience.
· Education – A high school education or GED.
· Interpersonal Skills – Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, which may require some discussion.
· Support the mission of Pacific NW Federal Credit Union to be our member's financial partner for life.
· Maintain a positive attitude; encourage and support positive employee, member and vendor interactions.
· Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance, and a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
· Ensure all TLC regulatory compliance trainings are completed by or before due dates.
· Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service (in person or on the phone) to all members and potential members.
· To process member transactions with zero errors (Call Center Representative).
· Balance at least 95% of the time, being no more than $5 off and with total outages not to exceed $50 in a 1-month period (Member Service Representative).
· To meet or exceed monthly product referral goals.
· Achieve an average of 4.75 or higher for all survey results.